Switch & Outlet Installation & Repair in Columbus
Safely Upgrading, Repairing & Replacing Your Outlets & Light Switches
Having working outlets and light switches is a vital part of any well operating household. These electrical components are essential for everyday activities and are not only a convenience, but a necessity.
If you have concerns about the safety of your outlets and switches, need new ones installed, or believe their operation may be compromised, My Electric Works can help. You can rely on our experienced Columbus electricians to evaluate your whole electrical system and give you peace of mind that your outlets and switches are safe and efficient.
Protecting Your Family's Safety
Outlets and switches that are outdated or damaged can lead to serious problems in your electrical system. Regardless of whether you want to upgrade to enjoy the benefits of new electrical technology or you are worried that one of your electrical devices or appliances are at risk, we are here to help.
A few benefits of outlet and switch upgrades or replacements include the following:
- Increased safety
- More energy efficiency
- Reduced potential for outages
- Reduced or eliminated flickering lights
- Enhanced power output
GFCI vs. AFCI Outlets
GFCI and AFCI outlets are two distinct types of outlets which have been constructed for specific purposes. Each one is designed to help prevent very specific electrical problems and must be installed in the right places:
- GFCI outlets are designed to monitor the electrical current. If something is wrong, the GFCI outlet is supposed to detect it and turn off the flow of electricity, such as in the bathroom where water could get near an outlet.
- AFCI outlets are designed to detect warning signs of heat and shut themselves off to prevent short circuits or fire risk.
Easily Control the Lights
If you are having difficulty with light switches and need to have them repaired or would like to upgrade your switches to newer dimmers, our Columbus electricians can help. My Electric Works installs and replaces switches in every room of your home and will provide you with options that look good and will last for years to come.
Depending on the design of your home, some rooms may have more natural light than others. Certain rooms will need to be supplemented with lamps or overhead lights. While traditional light switches may be sufficient in some rooms, you may benefit from installing a dimmer switch in the dining room or bedroom, for example.
There are many benefits of dimmer switches, including:
- Saves electricity because dim lights use less energy
- Helps give your room your desired look and feel
- Extends the life of light bulbs because you can use a lower wattage