Same-Day Columbus Generator Repair
Reliable Generator Installation to Keep Your Power Running
As a local, you know how bad storms can get, to the point where the wind, rain, and ice can knock out power for hours or even days. A home generator can put a stop to this issue, helping you keep the lights and your important electrical appliances on when the power goes out. At My Electric Works, we are Columbus’s top choice for generator repairs, new installations, and maintenance to keep your generator working long into the future.
Contact our Columbus generator repair specialists - call (614) 515-4520 to learn what we can do for your home.
Emergency Generator Services at a Fair Price
When your need emergency generator repairs, you can trust My Electric Works. We employ highly trained, friendly, and honest electricians to give you peace of mind that every service will be done right the first time. Additionally, we provide all of our services at a fair price and with a commitment to exceeding our customer's expectations.
Generator Repairs & Maintenance in Columbus
Occasionally, your unit may require some repair work or a tune-up to keep it working flawlessly. Routine maintenance and repairs can extend the life of your generator and ensure that it operates as efficiently as possible. You can count on our Columbus generator repair technicians to solve any problem you are experiencing with your unit.
All generators need basic maintenance, including:
- Regular cleaning: Generators need at least an annual cleaning and to be checked for leaks regularly.
- Change Oil: In order to make sure your generator is working well, the oil should be replaced every 50-60 hours of use. Additionally, the oil filter should be changed during that time as well.
- Replace Spark Plugs: After every 100 hours of use or so, all spark plugs should be replaced. Additionally, spark plugs should always be inspected during your annual service to make sure they are not cracked.
- Check Battery Power Level: The status of your batter and the power level should be inspected to make sure there is no corrosion on the battery.
Generator Installation in Columbus
If your old generator is insufficient or you have never had one installed to begin with, our team is here to help you choose the right unit for your home and get it installed quickly. We only recommend the highest rated and most efficient models that will serve you and your family well for years to come.
Our electricians can help you choose from:
- Bi-fuel generators
- Natural gas generators
- Select-circuit generators
- Whole-home generators
At My Electric Works, we understand that homeowners may not be sure which generator will best serve their needs. It can be difficult to select the right unit, which is why our team is happy to walk you through your options, explain the benefits of each model, and assess your home to recommend which type of generator may be the best fit.
Once you have selected a unit, we will get it installed safely. We are dedicated to providing outstanding workmanship with friendly, honest electrical service.